@matthewlang on Micro.blog
28 Feb 2020
Ruby on Rails
Ruby on Rails Mistakes that could kill Your Production Servers
- What to look out for in your Rails applications to avoid production disasters.
Avoid Production Incidents by Considering Production Conditions During Development
- More things to check for in your Rails application to avoid downtime.
Hanami | Introducing Hanami::API
- A lightwight Ruby framework for building APIs. Definitely adding this to list of things I want to explore further.
People & Practices
The ultimate guide to reading a book a week for your career
- I’m into 6 books so far this year with one of them being a programming book. Reading more than one book at a time definitely helps getting through more books.
A monorepo renaissance – Increment: Software Architecture
The GitLab Handbook
- GitLab’s handbook for employees. Maybe not the best handbook out there for a company that has a remote workforce, but still worth a read.
Responsive Grid Magazine Layout in Just 20 Lines of CSS | CSS-Tricks
- It’s little things like this that I need to help me move away from frameworks like Bootstrap.
CSS Tutorial: Create Diagonal Layouts Like It’s 2020
- I didn’t realise this transformed the whole element, so it wasn’t really what I was looking but interesting to know all the same.